••NOTE ADULT ONLY-If you are under 18 NOTE••

Posts for Wednesday, April 23, 2008 (item)

Pops River Update

Posted at 6:56 AM
Tags --

I should have bought a boat a thousand years ago. I slept for 6 hours then took a four hour turn at the helm. I slept great and feel great.

I have a lot to learn yet. Captain figured traffic would be light during the early morning hours and he was right but I did count 10 barges. I have to learn what all the bells and buzzers mean plus the beeps and soft horns – Captain said it was a language used by old-timers and if I really needed to know something I’d hear it on the radio.

I asked about one sound I had heard and he told me they were talking about fishing. Then I asked why he did not have a line out – he told me he would not eat a fish from this river to stay alive – things are too contaminated – need to get stuff from the sea – usually not contaminated.

He asked if I knew where we were at and I leaned towards him and told him saying I wanted the girls to figure it out by themselves.

He laughed and said he was doing the same thing. When Lisa asked a minute ago I gave her an un-true answer – this ought to be fun.

Dani is sleeping so peaceful she asked for a wakeup call at 8 am but I told Lisa to let her sleep until either she woke on her own or it was her shift time.

Lisa is on until 10, then Captain till 2 then Dani until we arrive unless I or we decide to keep going. Captain said the boat is doing beautifully and is using much less fuel then expected – or else the gauges are wrong. He can make you feel great one second then get you thinking really bad thoughts the next second. It’s great.

So all is well at 7 bells (I think I heard that somewhere) and I am going to bed.

0 Bitches:

Post a Comment

All Comments are held until we can check them.

Your comment will NOT be posted unless you ask us to. Thanks!!

BackToTop Or Close Window