••NOTE ADULT ONLY-If you are under 18 NOTE••

Posts for Friday, September 19, 2008 (item)

Tugboat Hell – Part Three - Sep 10 2008 by Lisa

Posted at 9:41 PM
Tags --

When we got to Arkansas City it seemed like the sun came out. Several overhead spotlights came on and I noticed four very small tugs waiting on the starboard side.

Captain brought us to a stop and the four tugs pushed us into a dock where many guys tied the barges up. All four of our crew went to work and we were free of the barges in about fifteen minutes.

Captain backed away and we went another three or so miles down river. Captain slowly passed about twelve barges tied up to a dock while the four crew members used high intensity lights to look them over and Stubby used another light from the wheel house.

When we got to the end Captain made a U-turn and put the boat against the barges.

In less then ten minutes all four crew members moved towards the front inspecting everything. I saw three tugs push up against the barges and their crews hooked to them.

When our guys got to the front one of them flashed his light and spoke to Captain on the radio then Captain spoke into a different radio and we gradually started moving sideways into the main channel.

When we were in the right place Captain started moving the whole assembly up river very slowly.

After a quarter mile all the smaller tugs unhooked, Captain radioed thanks and we were off.

I had no idea where we were but then I saw some lights and I heard Captain call for a ride. He put the barges into the bank but the tug ended up right at a dock.

I knew he had done this many years. About ten minutes later, Rita, the cook, Captain, Stubby and me all boarded a van that took us to downtown Arkansas City.

Captain, Stubby and I went into a restaurant that reminded me of Cheese’s wife’s place.

It was my second best meal of the day. This river people really eat well.

Many places were still open and there were quite a few people out browsing. We went into a bar where I had a whiskey but Captain and Stubby drank coffee.

Captain said we could spend the night if I wanted but the crew had voted to return tonight if it was OK. Stubby could pilot back with one of the other crew backing him.

I wondered why I didn’t get to vote. I later found out Captain or Stubby would have only voted if there was a tie. Most of the crew prefers most of Sunday off. Very seldom did they stay over.

We went to a beautiful house and met up with the cook. This was her sister’s house. We sat around, the cook, her sister and me with whiskey – Stubby and Captain with coffee.

Cook’s sister was baby sitting for a friend – two girls and a boy between 9 and 11 I’d say.
Stubby was playing with them and one of the girls really liked my hair. We played hide and seek then had strawberries and cream – damn it was good.

Stubby made a comment about me being so good with kids. He wondered how many I wanted. I gave him a funny look. He asked me directly how many kids I wanted. I looked at him and said none.

He asked why the fuck he was here if I didn’t want anymore kids. I looked at him with open mouth and a total look of shock. Then I said cause he was a good fuck.

He said something about not being good enough and he walked away.

I did not know if I should be hurt or pissed or both.

We got a ride back to the boat. Rita had already returned and was playing poker with the remaining crew. Cook and I sat down to join them. Stubby laid down for two hours while the cook, Rita and I showed the crew how to play poker.

0 Bitches:

Post a Comment

All Comments are held until we can check them.

Your comment will NOT be posted unless you ask us to. Thanks!!

BackToTop Or Close Window