••NOTE ADULT ONLY-If you are under 18 NOTE••

Posts for Monday, September 15, 2008 (item)

Ike Sucked – Sep 15 2008 0705 by Dani

Posted at 7:20 AM
Tags -- , ,

I am very sorry for the last post – we had a very nice evening. But others not that far away from us suffered flooding and wind damage.

Cg1 was asked to go to southern IL to work a few shifts at a hospital whose staff were trying to cleanup or in some cases not even able to get to work.

Cg1, Cg2 and Momtoo left at 4 am. Mom is leaving with a crew from home later this morning.

I’ve seen video and pics from TX – I feel so sorry for those people.

When Lisa and I left we had to use the back way – our normal path was flooded. We noticed that both rivers were at least five feet higher then last night.

Most of the water in the yard has drained away – the boat is up out of the water – Pops said it was the best $50K he ever spent. I about crapped.

Lisa and I are in class waiting for the instructor and listening to some of the horror stories from other classmates.

Cg1 called to say they had to take four different routes before finding one open to the town then a half hour before finding someone that could get them to the hospital.

They hit the ground running – two girls were in labor and a preemie born during a severe thunderstorm was having problems.

Mom called saying William had pulled a favor from a friend and they had a private jet waiting to take them but the airport was closed so they are looking for another place to land and transportation.

On one hand I am very glad to be sitting on my ass here – but I also feel like I should be helping.

Blackmama called, she knew the office would need her today. We only had three calls about wind damage and one about flooding. She has checked the messages all day yesterday and last night. She dispatched crews on her own.

Who needs me – my people are good! – Fire and G have already inspected the damage and notified insurance companies. Damn are they good.

So all is good so far – we expect flood waters not quite as high as early this year but high enough. Pops and Captain does not think we need to move so we are staying put.

Today is supposed to be very nice – so far I have not seen the sun – that is nice to me.

0 Bitches:

Post a Comment

All Comments are held until we can check them.

Your comment will NOT be posted unless you ask us to. Thanks!!

BackToTop Or Close Window