••NOTE ADULT ONLY-If you are under 18 NOTE••

Posts for Saturday, December 27, 2008 (item)

Weird Weather - Dec 27 2008 by Pops

Posted at 2:17 PM
Tags --

Just heard from Captain who is holding down the fort at the cabin.
Click To See/Hide The Rest +/-

We have several limbs down, most under 3 inches but a couple of bigger ones. Straight line winds above 70 mph. He said they have been under tornado and flood watch since early this morning. Big river is rising fast but so far not a problem. Small river still fine.

The guys at the lock told him the big one will not crest until Tuesday but he thinks it will be faster. Small river is expected to rise quickly tonight and tomorrow. It will crest on Wednesday.

My biological daughter lives about a hundred miles north of the cabin and said they lost a roof from a shed, several semis were overturned on the Interstate and their creek is overflowing.

My caretaker at the big house about 120 miles northeast of the cabin says a tornado has been reported one county over heading his way.

I just checked the calendar and I’m wondering if I am in the twilight zone?

Here it is slightly overcast but 80 degrees with low humidity. Mom called me in from the beach when all the calls started.

I must say this has been one of the craziest years I ever remember. I hope this crap ends soon or I might just stay here all year round.



Go Back To Home Page Or Close Window

No

0 Bitches:

Post a Comment

All Comments are held until we can check them.

Your comment will NOT be posted unless you ask us to. Thanks!!

BackToTop Or Close Window